Sunday, March 14, 2010

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY

Am not sure about elsewhere but hear in the UK its mothers day a day when everyone should appreciate and respect there mum even give mum a day off which is what me and my sister did
most years. I remember one year i was 5 i was in charge of boiled egg and toast for me this was a massive thing.
had to watch the water put the toast in the toaster sister made sure it`s not on to high so it wont burn .
drop the eggs in the water once it was boiling as my sister kept an eye on me and me shouting don`t look at me i can do it .
its was all done to perfection and i felt so proud of my self and i understood the importance of the whole thing it was mums day off a day the family should show just how much they love there mum. it was more or less the same every year i even managed Sunday roast in later years and always got her a card and always told her she was the best mum in the world .
this is 9th year mum & DAD haven't been around but me and Emma still get together on mothers day and buy some flowers exc just to reflect on the past .
Emma has her own family two boys 13 and 17 and they hardly lift a finger on mothers day but they do get her a card and shes happy with that .
its all down to family values i suppose when i was a kid i wasn't afraid to say thanks mum or thanks dad because my dad was the same with his parents always showed he was grateful for being there i know that mothers day has a wider meaning religion wise and its part of lent and also about showing gratitude to what you have today .
i know everyone has a different point of view and that's mine
dru

5 comments:

  1. You guys kind of scared me yesterday. I was reading Matties Blog and he said Mothers Day and i almost freaked that I forgot all about getting something for my mom. Then I remembered he was in the UK and I seen another person said ours was in May.

    I am like you I like to remember mom on Mothers Day too, she does a lot for me. I am going to list your blog on mine and get some people over here to see yours Dru. Hugs JJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ~whoops, im not familliar with this...argh..
    Original comment:

    hi.
    found this blog through.^
    just saying that im here|

    nd yes, mother's day.. thinking about it is a bit..nevermind.
    Your writing is very emotional. It made me think about some stuff...

    blog, blog, blog,
    -AS/DF

    @jj yeah that was me. it freaked me out too! (until i did some research)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, Dru. It is too bad that your sister's kids don't treat their Mom the way you and your sister did yours. I guess times change and that's too bad.

    Congratulations on starting your blog. I will be following you closely.

    -- Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank was a really good post i could actually picture a little boy and his sister doing it. you really are a good writer. you dont mond if i put you blog on my blog list? i like to list all the blogs i follow
    rawr
    Raron

    ReplyDelete

I DON'T BITE YOU KNOW.