Friday, March 19, 2010

WORK

I work with disabled adults in there own home the are all wheelchair bound so the all need things like bathing; dressing, cooking,cleaning, as well as helth and safety issues sounds hard but its easy once you are used to it . i am a senior support worker which means i get paperwork responsibility`s witch am happy with used to paperwork
there are 3 adults i look after
Chris he`s 29 blind cant talk known him for years as i worked with him in my last job he can still hear and understands every word . Chris has various health problems main one being epileptic bit complicated but means he has fits and needs regular medication . chris is a joy to work with always has been .loves his music like Abba and musicals as well as boy bands westlife exc none of which are my cup of tea .
James he`s 36 similar needs to Chris but bit more mobility ie will shuffle around the floor also he can self harm and does mans things saying no more.

Martin he`s 44 and has a long long list of health problems some muscular been in a wheelchair all his life also he cant digest food or drink so hes fed via a tube in his belly bit complicated again .

As i mentioned before it looks allot but not when you get used to it .
I used to only do this at weekends as i also used to be a social worker used to work with adults who had special needs one of them was Chris . also my job had allot of paperwork and i mean allot it took up most of the week sometimes i also had to visit clients in there home , day centre`s for reviews exc took allot of hours and overtime but i needed to be busy .
i did that for 7 years on off had to leave for a while after a year family stuff returned after 8 months off was glad they did i needed to get back to normal well for me it was normal .
i worked a hell of allot of hour`s then it was`nt money i just had to keep busy .
I left in January needed a change.

still racking my brains for a new national anthem if you have any suggestions ad like to hear them . I can only think of this
not sure tho :{
till next time
DRU

7 comments:

  1. You are a very special person if you can do this kind of work and feel good about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats so nice that you helped all of those people you really are an amazing person. did i read that right that you left that job, im sure something that you love will come your way soon :) and if i read that wrong just ignore it

    And as for the national anthem that should totally be it. love that song play it all the time on my ipod, i think John and Edward are genius actually made my Saturday nights lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's what i do now raron the job before i visited now and again making sure they had enough
    support now am there most days as for the national
    anthem i can just see the queen and Philip shacking there arses to this one .
    you go girl :0 .

    ReplyDelete
  5. O right opps i completely misread that one then my bad (big time). its really great tho that you do it like i said. and haha i can she her doing that too lol. there is something about that song that makes you want to dance even if they cant sing, although they are getting better. and OMG thats freaky it just came up ok my itunes lol, write of the devil and he will sing haha that didnt really work
    rawr
    Raron

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dru just found your link on Raron's blog [also noticed it mentioned on JJ's blog] so I though I'd drop by and say hi.
    Had a read through and like what I have seen.
    People that take care for others have always had a place in my heart - I strongly feel it takes a very special kind of person to do this.
    I spent a lot of time visiting my mother when she went into care and the dedication, love and care these people showed always touched my heart - so Dru never sell your self short, what you do is very, very special.
    One of the things I really enjoyed is when they allowed me to bring my dogs when I visited [they were still quite young] and the joy and pleasure they brought all the people there was amazing.
    As for the national anthem - here in Australia when I was at school we also had to sing your national anthem at all the assemblies until we finaly got a national anthem of our own - neither are very high on my favs list.
    Lastly I enjoyed the vid that gave you your blog theme.
    Kindest regards Stef

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank you southern for your kind words i think its a job that you need the heart to do it .tbh av seen loads of people do t for the money only bothered about themselves witch pees me right off.
    DRU

    ReplyDelete

I DON'T BITE YOU KNOW.