
Was reminded before that yesterday was national record shop day a day to encourage music lovers or collectors to visit independent record shops not HMV or zavid same thing different name owned by HMV . More privet shops who sell cd`s vinal or LPs at and a fair bit cheaper than major shops who tend to charge full price between £10-12 .
When i was in my late teens early 20s I spent many a Saturday going with dad to little music shops most had second hand cd sections dad would spend ages just looking thro the classic rock section for various stuff like Beatles, stones ,kinks, who, to dad it wast`nt about MODS V ROCKERS it was about appreciation of the music dad had collected records since he was a teenager growing up in Liverpool in the late 1960s and in the space of about 25 years he had collected hundreds of albums some are a bit on the weird
side like frank zapper or early pink Floyd to more better known groups.
later years he discovered cd`s which dad used spend Saturdays doing browsing record shops and record fairs and Sundays he searched car boots like huge secound hand markets mum had encouraged him to at least some of his collection as his cd+ vinals =
allot of room dad sold a whole bunch of them to a collector about 300 altogether Lps
and singles for £300 all of witch went on other cd`s mum went spare lol .
today the privet cd collector shops have gone second hand cd shops hardly exist today
as for todays technology downloads mp3s I pod`s and the internet not sure what he would think well i do but best not repeating it
Awww i would so love to go to an independent record shop. i have never found one where we live. there is only HMV in the shoping centre. there used to be a Zavii as well before it closed down, well the company went bust. but yeah would love to go to one. its nice to support little shops and stuff. i dont like our one on the corner of our road coz they charge stupid prices. but when we go to the shops during school i prefer to go to the news agents rather than the little tescos :D tesco has too much money already
ReplyDeleterawr
Raron
I like to get a lot songs online to. I get a lot mine from youtube. they say you can't copy them and keep them but there is a program i use my dad showed me that i can copy all the videos on youtube I like. It is call orbit download. So if you like a lot songs on youtube you can get them with that. I really like songs with the videos to. its better then just the music, but i got alot those to. Hugs JJ
ReplyDeleteDru this post brings back so many wonderful memories of my teens. He first money I ever earnt was 20 pounds aus and for that I managed to buy the first 3 Beatle albums and one forty five hit record [just can't remember which one] and my old man hit the roof when he found out - got grief over that for years afterwards.
ReplyDeleteI remember waiting for each Beatle album as they came out and how exciting it was to play them the first time.
Another wonderful memory was buying The Who's My Generation the same day as I brought my very first pair of jocks [after wearing the old white Y fronts all my early life] and the I raced home - put on my new zebra stripe jocks,listening to The Who.
Record collecting and horses were my huge passions when I was growing up - I still have a lot of my old vinyl collection stored in boxes.
Still love music with a passion but the net and CD's have changed things so much - we get such a great choice and easy access to so much great stuff - but sadly it has killed a lot of those great record shops that I used to hang out in - any way your post brought back these and many other great memories that would take me ages to talk about. Thanks Dru.
Regards Stef
JJ Thats what i mean its all computers and downloads now you dont need to leave the house.
ReplyDeletedont get me wrong there are millions nay billions
of pepole doing the same.
steff ad love to say my dads parents were happy of his record collection they wernt really first thing his dad did get him some headphones they were bloddy huge back then.
granddad sead he was quite relieved by the time he moved out . today dad would`nt have a fucking clue what to do